First 5 Kings County is the local agency established to distribute Proposition 10 tobacco tax funds. Kings County receives approximately $1.6 million of declining revenue annually to serve the needs of Kings County's children age zero through five years of age.
First 5 Kings County funds family resource centers, early learning experiences, and health and family services throughout Kings County to ensure that young children ages zero to five, and their families, have the necessary tools and opportunities to reach their fullest potential.
First 5 Kings envisions that all Kings County families receive access to the tools, knowledge and quality care necessary to encourage each child to develop to their fullest potential.
First 5 Kings, in partnership with the community, will strengthen families, communities and systems of care for children prenatal to 5 years of age.
- Recognize and promote services and support for children ages 0-5 as the foundation for a lifetime of growth and success
- Support access and encourage outreach to geographically and socially isolated families
- Provide appropriate services and support to children with disabilities and other special needs and their families
- Support and encourage collaboration and leveraging opportunities among grantees
- Support promising practices and evidenced-based models